The program is focused on helping university-based technology startups and the requirements for enrolling are:
- Innovative, disruptive, scalable computing technology (software or hardware) in a high impact area including communication, information, healthcare and energy that leverages one or more of the following technology waves: visual computing, computational intelligence, embedded computing, security, connected devices, cloud computing, big data, and social computing
- A balanced 3-person team that includes an entrepreneur lead, technical expert, and business-savvy mentor that is ready to make a serious time commitment of 15-40 hours/week each over the 4 months. You must apply as a team.
- Availability for all team members to attend all the training including coming to Berkeley. Please check the schedule before applying.
- Ability to build a product demonstration: proof of concept, mockup or working prototype
- Open to learning through the Customer Discovery process including pivoting the business model. You have to talk with 100 potential customers and partners over the course of the program. Yes, that’s 100! Like any entrepreneurs you have to have the willingness to succeed and fail as a team and work within the chaotic and uncertain environment of a startup (Typically not a company that’s already incorporated, serving a large number of customers or has raised money other than grants.)
- Able to describe the customer value proposition without revealing proprietary intellectual property (Almost always possible.)
- With conversational English language skills, access to an internet connection fast enough for WebEx video and the capability to create and edit standard quality videos
If your team meets all these qualifications, apply here (Deadline has passed). If you have questions, contact us.