The Lester Center for Entrepreneurship
The Lester Center for Entrepreneurship was founded in 1991 through a generous gift from W. Howard Lester, Chairman of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. It is an internationally recognized program at the hub of UC Berkeley and the Bay Area’s collaborative, multidisciplinary startup community. The Center focuses on teaching entrepreneurship and in scholarly research on innovation to realize the Haas School of Business mission to “Redefine how we do business.”
The mission of the Lester Center is to train business leaders to drive positive, disruptive change to society by building scalable enterprises. We do this through:
- Teaching leading edge entrepreneurial leadership, strategy, venture financing and startup skills
- Focusing on experiential, experimental learning
- Collaborating across disciplines with a special focus on technology-enabled and socially responsible enterprises
- Connecting students to the vibrant startup ecosystem of UC Berkeley, the Bay Area and our global network
- Encouraging entrepreneurs to go “Beyond Yourself” and work on truly transformative endeavors
The Center is able to leverage unreplicatable core strengths in service of our students and community. UC Berkeley is one of the top 3 universities in the world and has more #1 graduate programs than any other. It is located in the most innovative and entrepreneurial ecosystem in the world – the San Francisco Bay Area where more than 40% of U.S. and over 20% of global venture capital is invested.
Learn more at http://entrepreneurship.berkeley.edu.